Sacred Heart Catholic School Launceston has a School Advisory Board. All catholic systemic schools in Tasmania have a Board of Governance. Each Board comes under the governance of Systemic Governing Council.
The School Board provides advice and support to the Principal in the leadership and management of the school. The School Board has an executive compromising of a Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
Our School Advisory Board has supported the school in planning and development of:
- Stage 2 Capital Project: Grade 3/4 building ($1 million approximately)
- Redevelopment of our Margaret Street Parking, PIck Up and Drop Off Zone.
- Continuing to maintain prudent financial management of our school
- Memorandum of Understanding between the School, Parish and Catholic Care in relation to shared facilities and parking.
- Delivering a brand new Multi Purpose Gymnasium
- Developing a strategic approach to new workplace health and safety legislation
- Undertaking Stage 1 of a multi million dollar refurbishment of classrooms and learning areas across the school.
- New Levies system for parents, taking away the need to have to find funds to pay for different school events across the year, rather creating a levy system paid as part of school fees either in full or in periodic payments across the year.
Chairman - Shane Rickerby
Deputy Chair - Kylie Boyle
Secretary - Mallory Schipper
Treasurer - Jo Widdowson
Members - Danica Foy, Elise Hart, Shannyn Hodgetts, Ty Turner, Tiffiny Lynch
Ex Officio - Brent Wilson
Parish Priest - Fr Mark Freeman